Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hugs from the Earth

I woke up from my two hour long nap on the bus to look out of the dirty window to an unreal view of immense mountains of sand and a desert with wierd kangaroos and cute abnormal beaver rat animals. I thought at first I was seeing things from the 113 degrees of heat but the beauty was pure and real. Outside the opposite window was the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth, and the mountains of Jordan past it. 

We took a relatively short hike up to beautiful fresh water springs and enjoyed every break from the heat and hot sun. It is so amazing how the climate can vary so much in one place! It felt like I was in a gorgeous South American jungle lake while in reality I was in the very hot Judean Desert. 

After hiking back down to earth we had a short bus ride to the famous and mysterious Dead Sea. Besides the horrible pain that the Dead Sea caused to everyone's unmentionables, it was an amazing experience. We looked like a pack of wild five year olds, rolling in the mud and throwing it at eachother.  I could even feel the love from the earth in the water, holding you up as a little thank you for coming as close as we physically can to its center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment